Here’s a first-time venue for a beer dinner, at least locally:
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza's Monroeville restaurant is doing its first one with Full Pint Brewing Co. at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28. Full Pint’s Kurt Gutshall will hold court over:
• Rumpelpilsen paired with Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad and Anthony’s Classic Italian Salad
• Chinookie IPA paired with Meatballs with Ricotta Cheese
• All In Amber Ale paired with Coal Oven Roasted Chicken Wings, pictured above, and Pork Ribs with Vinegar Peppers
• White Lightning Belgian White paired with Roasted Califlower “Well Done” Pizza as well as one called the “Paul & Young Ron” (named for media personalities in South Florida where Anthony’s is based) that is made with meatballs, sausage, hot or sweet peppers and ricotta cheese.
• And for after dinner, Night of the Living Stout.
Cost is $30 per person (including tax and tip). Reserve by calling 412-373-0700.
The North Versailles brewery's website events page lists some other cool dinners, including a "Kick Ass Beer Dinner" including Hassenpfeffer at Shiloh Grille on Mount Washington on Jan. 31, and "one of our most interesting beer dinners all year" at Jimmy Wan's in Cranberry on March 6, pairing:
• Rumpelpilnser with Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Steamed Snowpeas and Lotus Flower
• All in Amber with Korean-Style Fried Chicken and Wasabi-infused Mashed Potatoes
• Rye Rebellion with Pork Belly Stew with a Miso Base and
• White Lightning with Green Tea Mousse and Saki-marinated Dry Cherries.
Anthony's Coal Fired photo